Thailand Tourist Visa for Indian Citizens
Thailand offers a 15 day Visa on Arrival for Indian passport holders, at all major international airports and land border crossings.
However, there are some conditions to be fulfilled. If your stay is more than 15 days, visa has to be arranged at an Embassy/Consulate General/application centers of Thailand in India.
Thailand Tourist Visa on Arrival for Indian Tourists
Indian passport holders are eligible for a 15 day Visa on Arrival if they possess the following documents
- Valid passport, not expiring within 6 months with atleast one empty page
- Completed Thailand Visa On Arrival form. Fill in all the correct details.
- One recent passport sized photo (4 cm x 6 cm), preferably in color.
- Onward flight ticket back to India or any other destination within 15 days. Flight tickets to Thiland can be booked on Yatra or Expedia.
- Proof of hotel accommodation for all days staying in Thailand. Accommodation can be booked on Agoda, Booking.com, Yatra, Expedia or Hotels.com.
- Proof of funds – money of 10,000 THB or its equivalent or an International credit card (officially not mentioned but the immigration officer might ask you).
- Cost of visa is 1000 THB
Visa is available at all International airports, but you are most likely to be landing either in Don Muang Airport (if you fly on Air Asia) or Suvarnabhumi International airport (if flying on other airlines).
A departure card is stapled to your passport – do not loose it as long as you stay in Thailand.
Thailand Tourist Visa if you stay is more than 15 days
If you want to stay in Thailand for more than 15 days, a visa has to be obtained in India, before you board your flight to Thailand. Visas can be applied at various visa application centers throughout India. With this visa you can stay in Thailand for a period of not more than 60 days and is valid for 3/6 months for single/double entry visa respectively from the issued date.
Step 1 : Make a file with the following documents –
- Valid passport, not expiring within 6 months with atleast two empty page. Photocopy of front and last page.
- Two completed Thailand Visa Application Form. Fill in all the correct details.
- Two recent passport sized photo (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) in color.
- Onward flight ticket back to India or any other destination within 60 days. Flight tickets to Thailand can be booked on Yatra or Expedia.
- Proof of hotel accommodation for all days staying in Thailand. Accommodation can be booked on Agoda, Booking.com, Yatra, Expedia or Hotels.com
- Proof of funds – One month bank statement or photocopy of credit card or endorsement of USD 700 under the applicants name.
- Visa application fees is INR 2000 and INR 4000 depending on the type(service charges and taxes extra).
- International Health certificate on Yellow Fever Vaccination.
Step 2 : Walk in along with the file to your respective Visa application center where you will submit the documents.
Addresses are listed below
- Area 1 – Delhi, Chandigarh, Gurgaon, Jaipur
- Area 2 – Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Goa, Indore
- Area 3 – Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Cochin
- Area 4 – Kolkata
Step 3 : You can choose to either collect the passport at Visa application center or get the passport delivered to your address by a courier.
Applications can be tracked online if you belong to Area 1, Area 3 or Area 2.
All the information is true, as of today and might change in the future. Please check the official websites for updated information.
I love that you provide real information for Indian passport holders – so much of what is out there in the blogging world is designed for travellers from the US, UK, EU or Australia… it’s great to have some practical information for everyone else!
Thanks for letting out this full details in your blog. I really appreciate