DIY – Myanmar visa in Hong Kong
With all the myths and mis-information appearing about Myanmar’s Visa On Arrival(VOA) and the military junta government not favoring tourists visit their country, here I tell you the best and easiest way to get a visa to Myanmar. If you are in Hong Kong you have hit the jackpot, since it’s best place to get a Myanmar tourist visa.
- Wake up early in the morning, around 7 AM. If you stay on the Kawloon side, go to the Star Ferry pier and board the ferry to Wan Chai. Cost of ferry is HKD 2.5 .
- Optional – After you get down the ferry at Wan Chai Ferry Pier, walk to the Golden Bauhinia Square, for the flag raising ceremony which takes place at 7.50 AM every morning and ends with in 15 minutes.
- Walk over the elevated walkway towards Harbor Center, from where you are connected with another walkway to the first floor of Sun Hung Kai Center, where the Consulate General of Myanmar is housed.
- There are no elevators on the first floor, so take the elevator from lobby(located on the ground) to the 24th floor. The room number of the consulate is 36. Submit your documents and passport there.
Address – 2436, Sun Hung Kai Center, Harbor Road, Wan Chai, HK
Application submission timings – 9.00 AM to 12.00 PM
Cost of tourist visa – HKD 150
- Completed application form, one passport sized photograph
- Return air ticket & itinerary
- Proof of employment if you are employed or bonafide certificate from educational institute if you are a student.
Passport collection timings – 2.00 AM to 4.00 PM on next working day